Friday, January 16, 2009

On My Way

Less than 24 hours till lift off for Africa.

My community of Sisters of Mercy here in Burlingame, CA had a very moving blessing ceremony at the end of the Liturgy on Sunday, January 11, 2009. Following the Liturgy there was a luncheon in the dining room. I feel spiritually strong enough to begin this adventure - a ministry of teaching young Sudanese girls in Narus.

After I arrive in Nairobi on Sunday, Jan. 18, I will begin the process of getting an E visa for Sudan. It takes two or three weeks. I should be in Narus in early or mid February - the hottest month of the year in Southern Sudan. Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. Hi!! Your blog are very nice and more info. I hope follow my blog and please click my google ads.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister Kathleen,

    It is so wonderful what you are doing!! I only wish I had the chance to be there myself!!! I am so proud to work for the Sisters of Mercy and even more in awe of all the sisters do. I wish you great success on your adventure and please pass along to all of your students that they are loved.

    ReplyDelete